Apparently I’m the only person on the planet who pretty much hated Disney’s Frozen. I mean, the thing even got nominated for/won an Oscar (right?). Rotten Tomatoes gave it almost 5 stars. And people rave on and on and on about how good it is.
To be honest, I don’t get it.
1. The song lyrics were terrible. Disney has done a WAY better job at their lyrics in the past. Just take The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast. Or for something more recent, Tangled. Tangled had much better lyrics to their songs than Frozen.
2. Kristen Bell should not sing. Just no.
3. I couldn’t stand the whole “I fell in love with you after only an hour” storyline. I know it basically happens in all romantic comedies, but in a kid movie I didn’t care for it. And don’t even get me started on those song lyrics.
4. I don’t get the whole toad/gnome/green people thing. They should’ve never appeared.
5. Kristoff was boring. And Sven was only almost funny.
6. The fact that Olaf wasn’t in the movie from the beginning was stupid. He was literally the best thing that happened to the movie and he only appeared after 45 long, boring minutes. And then he was so awesome. I think he’s the best character Pixar has put out in a very long time. My theory is that because the movie ended with him, you forgot how terrible it actually was.
So, anyone else out there that doesn’t get all the hype about it?